NOWZUWAN (Young Hero in URDU language) has started volunteer-internship program for international. From 2022 this program will be a “Program Management Internship” Through the program, NOWZUWAN, matched skilled international who have limited or no field experience and limited program management skills. So far almost 70 international volunteer hosted by NOWZUWAN since 2010. The new program is focus energetic, innovative and willing to have a careers on humanitarian response and development.
The Intern will work closely with a Program Manager and Adviser in one of the following sectors: Site development, MEAL, Disability Development, Education, Health, Livelihood, WASH, and Media. The Intern will work under the direct supervision of the Humanitarian response Adviser (Cox Bazar) and Executive Director in Chittagong/Bangladesh.
3 months, renewable. The intern will be given the priority to apply for new job openings.
The intern will be staying in Cox Bazaar but travelling and also working in other location, Patiya and Chittagong (if requires).
Salary and Fringe Benefits
This is unpaid job opportunities.
There will be the following fringe benefits:
Working in the local NGOs (mix culture)
Working directly with expat
The Intern will close work with Adviser
The intern activities
The expected intern has to have own computer-laptop.
- Support proposal writing and seeking new donors and funding opportunities, new areas of intervention, attending some relevant cluster and taking minute of all meeting with stakeholders.
- Design web page and update the webpage regularly
- Support adviser to conduct staff capacity building in terms of finance, logistic, admin, and project implementation
- The intern is also to provide programmatic support to the Program Manager. The Intern’s activities may include the following:
- Support in the managing of internal and external communications, including preparation of program updates, social media posts, and success stories;
- Support on implementing and improving project management systems and mechanisms;
- Review and edit grant supporting documents and reports;
- Design and implement community needs assessments related to their program;
- Support preparation for execution of meetings including scheduling and taking/distributing minutes.
- Education: A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any field (preference will be international Studies, International Development, Non-Profit Management, and Engineering)
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian and development contexts and refugees and/or Bangladesh and Rohinga Response
Ability to work at least 15 hours/week;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Computer skills: Should be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience with Microsoft Teams or similar team coordination/communication technology (such as Zoom) a plus;
- Basic fluency with budgets and financial records a plus;.
- Experience: Experience working across diverse cultural contexts; some experience managing projects preferred.
How to apply
Send your CV and Letter of Intention via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com with the subject field stating: Program Management Intern Application. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. NOWZUWAN is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their gender, ethnic, or religious background. At NOWZUWAN, women and men receive equal pay if they perform equal work in the same workplace.