Human Rights and Good Governance
Working area: Patiya Upazilla, Anwara Upazilla, Hatazari Upazilla, Rauzan Upazilla, Chittagong City Corporation, CHT (Chittagong Hill Tracts)
Aim:To ensure the human rights and strengthen the governing system for Organizations and Local community.
- To ensure accountability and transparency in all activities of the organization and outside organization.
- Participation and accountability in all matters of the organization and local problems
- To strengthen the infrastructure of local government and service providers for the local communities.
- To make the local government more accessible and ensure the services in a easy way.
- To maintain a good relation and communication with both service providers and service givers and organization.
- To promote the basic primary information of regular life
- Ensure the fair and safe good governance practice movement.
Target Group:Organization staffs and stockholders, Local community, Local government offices, Service providing offices.
Beneficiaries: people of working area, stakeholders, Organization members
Duration: 1996- on going
- Organization information accessibility and sharing policy with all level
- Local government member orientation
- Network buildup and information dissemination.
- Workshop, seminar and rally.
- Publication of bulletins, stickers, posters.
- Service provide like, birth registration, data collection, agricultural information, safe food and hygiene etc.
- Helping the local community to use and protect heritage and culture.
- Election observation and monitoring of corruption in election.
- Organization policy of NOWZUWAN has established and prepares in a participatory way
- People have become aware of the functions of local government
- Local community is receiving services more easily than before.
- Election Observation and monitoring: 4 National Elections.\, 11 local Government elections.
Technical & Financial Support
- Wave Foundation
- Bangladesh Government
- NOWZUWAN General Fund