- Patiya Upazilla (22 Unions and a Municipality) under Chittagong City Corporation and Chittagong District of Bangladesh.
- Socio economic development and empowerment of the disabled living in the project area
- 2.To remove poverty
- 3.To create employment opportunity
- 4.To create suitable environment of work for the disabled
- 5.To train people with disabilities for income generating activities
- 6.To create opportunity for education and medical treatment of the disabled
- 7.To create suitable opportunity for movement of the PWDs
- 8.To undertake extensive programs regarding awareness for prevention of disability
- People with Disabilities (PWDs) who do not have the access in the main stream of life, especially Children and Women.
- From 2001- at present
Number of Beneficiary
- No. of Beneficiary (direct): 488, (F=125 M=287 C=71)
On Going Programs
- 1.DRC-Disability Resource Centre: Construction and Fund Raising. & Project activities will start within 2010.
- 2.RecreationCenterfor CWDs
- 3.Marketing of PWDs’ made products
- 4.ROOTS-Self Help Organization, made of PWDs
- 5.Self Help Organization for PWDs, in 06 union of Patiya.
- 6.Physiotherapy for PWDs: Door to Door Program
- 7.Non Formal Education for PWDs
- 8.Inclusive Education for CWDs
- 9.Scholarship for CWDs through tuition and material support.
- 10.Income Generating and Loan & Participation training for PWDs
- 11.Donation/ Grant for Women & Adolescents with disability.
- 12.IGA- Income Generating Activities for PWDs
- 13.Volunteer placement program- National & International.
- 14.Sports: NOWZUWAN has been arranging Annual Sports & Cultural Day for CWDs in November of each year from the year 2005
- 15.Networking and Advocacy Program.
- 1.Disability Resource Centre- (DRC):Financial grant fromJapanEmbassy for Building Construction (1st floor) in 2009 March
- 2.Self Help Organization-Self Employment Program
- 3.ROOTS-Disable Self Help Organization
- 4.Regular awareness meetings at School, College and Madrasha on disability issue 01 School each month..
- 5.Till now 720 handicap/ PWDs have got rehabilitation therapy, wheel chair, spec tables, stretcher and provide service and treatment.
- 6.Provided to PWDs sewing machines, embroidery equipments, small business facility to make them self reliant as I.G.A. support.
- 7.Products made of PWDs have marketed, displayed by NOWZUWAN
- 8.Provided Scholarships as assistance to 25 CWDs and make sure of inclusive education for 03 CWDs students.
- 9.Assistant Advocacy & Networking Officer of Disability & Development 10.Program, Jahan Ara Begum Hena was selected as a Resource Addresser at 11.National Conference for Disability arranged by NFOWD in 2008.
- 12.Disability Resource Centre (DRC)-Grand opening 13th September, 2011 by Japan Ambassador and other renown persons.
Financial and Technical Partners
- 1) Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- 2) Liliane Fonds-Netherlands
- 3) The Embassy of Japan
- 4) National Disability Development Foundation
- 5) NFOWD-National Forum of Working with Disabled.
- 6) CSD-Chittagong Society for Disability.
- 7)CDD-Centerfor Disability Development
- 8) IASE- International association for Special Education
- 9) W F South Hall Trust
Future Activities for PWDs:
- 1.DRC-Disable Resource Centre
- 2.Self Help Organization-Expanding the project in 22 union and municipal area of Patiya,( formation of Disable Self Help Organization)
- 3.Central MarketingEnterprisefor Self Help Organizations
- 4.Pre-primarySchoolfor Hearing Impaired Children