- Patiya Upazilla, Anwara Upazilla and Chittagong City Corporation
- To create awareness in the society about the importance to protect environment & the effect of climate change
- To create awareness and prepare people about different natural disasters and management.
- To create awareness and conscious in people minds about the climate change.
- Ensuring the proper action on Climate Change & different natural disasters
- To provide in formations & ideas about proper disaster management.
- Reduce risk at natural disaster
- From 1991- on going
- People of Costal area, Hills, Earth Quack relevant Area, Rural & Urban Slum & residences, Flood Relevant area. Special emphases to PWDS, Women & Children and Old age people
- Social Awareness programs
- Costal & Social forestation
- Hill & Land Reform.
- Pure water & sanitation support
- Action to reduce air pollution and river safety
- Orientation in Schools, Colleges and CBOs/Clubs
- Meeting, Seminar, Workshop Arrangement
- Local & Government level Advocacy & Networking on Disaster Management and Information system.
- Technical & Financial Support on disaster
- Relief and equipment support to the affected area
- IGA loan support.
- Management and Resource development.
No. of total Beneficiary
- About 14,800
Highlight of Actions
- Awareness raised in target area
- All leaders of the committee given training.
- Orientations have done with religious leaders (Imam, Monk and Ancestor) and in 15 school, college, madrasha students.
- Relief and equipment support in Cyclones and flood affected area.
- Forestation in hills, rive-side and costal areas..
- NOWZUWAN is the only NGO representative in Chittagong Hill a7 Land slide Disaster Management Group
Technical financial supports
- NOWZUWAN general fund
- World Vision
- Food for Hunger International(FHI)
- Forest Department